Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lincoln Park, the Prequel

My thanks to those of you that responded positively to my little essay on Lincoln Park. I hunted around, sure that I had some pictures of a visit that Lynn and I took to Lincoln Park in 1978, while we were still in high school. Well, I found them, and scanned them into my computer. They’re aren’t of great quality, but thought I would share them anyway. Lynn is a beautiful woman now, but as a teenager, she was a cutie!


This is the ferris wheel. To the right, were these cages you could shift your weight in and make swing back and forth. If you were very coordinated, you could make them go all the way around.

A picture of the Comet from the mini-golf course.




Lynn on the mini-golf course. I bought her a carnation on the way to the park, and she carried it with her all day. She still likes to get flowers.


Yeah, that’s me. Having a good conversation with a cowboy on a bench. Don’t ask. By the way, I think I’m wearing a Maynard Ferguson T shirt. We had recently attended a concert in Boston with Maynard and Miles Davis on the twin bill.



Lynn on the airplane ride. This picture still makes me smile. And the one that follows, as well.




Well, that’s all I have from that trip. There may be more pictures somewhere, but I can’t put my hands on them.

This whole thing about Lincoln Park is still simmering in my head and heart. I even managed to tie together the Transfiguration and roller coasters in my sermon a couiple of Sundays ago. Strangely enough, I think it worked.

More another day.

jim

1 comment:

  1. Thats a little more than scary to see pictures of my parents at that age.

    ReplyDelete